Friday, August 30, 2013

Day #30 and Results - a day early

I forgot to snap a pic of dinner #29. It was Italian sausage sliced and served in spaghetti sauce and a side of steamed green beans. Quick and easy enough. So, today was the weigh in. I guess most people will do it tomorrow, but in order to weigh on the same scale, I had to do it today. 13 pounds… not too bad. I never counted a calorie. I ate 3 meals a day. I ate as much as I wanted at any meal and I ate heartier meals than I ever have on any diet. When I put all that in perspective, 13 is amazing. It is sustainable. I am not over the moon though. I am so glad I wrote my post yesterday about how I was feeling. I took an after photo last night to compare to my before photo. Yes, you could see a difference. Not a huge difference, but there is a change. It was only 30 days and only 13 pounds. I shouldn’t expect the photo to be radical. I guess the part that is messing with my head is the fact that I have A LONG WAY TO GO. A really long way. My logical brain tells me that I now know what I need to do and exactly how to get there. So what if it takes a year or two to get there. This way of eating is sustainable (as long as I work in some time saving measures). Healthy is the important part and I know I am healthier and I can maintain it. I am looking forward to having a paleo treat tomorrow. I haven’t decided which one though. Oh and tonight I will plan next week’s meals and I will grocery shop on Saturday – just like I have been doing for the last 30 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment